Corrugated board is comprised of a combination of flat sheets of paper called liners that are adhered to a medium. The medium is formed into a series of arches called flutes. When combined in this way, corrugated packaging materials gain an overall strength greater than each individual part, with considerable resistance and rigidity to outside forces. The flutes also allow air to flow throughout the corrugated packaging materials, allowing a greater tolerance for temperature changes. Corrugated packaging can be cut and folded into a variety of shapes and sizes.
When Should You Use Corrugated Packaging?
Corrugated packaging remains a popular way to ship products due to its high performance in packing and protecting products. You should consider using corrugated packaging to protect your products if:
- You desire lightweight protection for your product. Due to its construction, corrugated packaging can withstand a great amount of weight and pressure.
- You need packaging materials that are easily customizable into your desired shape or size.
- You want packaging that allows for better printing and graphic capabilities. Corrugated packaging allows you to print customizable messages and logos which can help brand awareness.
- You would like packaging that is made from environmentally sustainable materials. Corrugated packaging materials are made from paper, which is a renewable resource.
- You want packaging that is easily available. Many local stores and online shipping companies have corrugated packaging readily on hand.